Academic Transcript Request Procedure
Frequently Asked Question
Official transcripts can only be sent via mail. If an official transcript is sent directly to the student, it must remain in a sealed envelope. Unofficial transcripts can only be sent via mail or fax or picked up from the front office once you are notified.
Regardless of how ordered, transcripts cannot be provided immediately upon request. It takes approximately 3-5 business days to process transcript requests. During our busy periods, it can take up to 5-7 business days.
We are not permitted to provide transcript services to any current or former student who owes money to GSA. Please ensure that all holds have been cleared prior to requesting a transcript.
- Your name (or any former name your records may be under)
- Your current address and phone number
- Student ID number and/or social security number
- Your status ie., Graduated, Withdrawn or Current.
- Whether an official or unofficial transcript is to be sent
- Where the transcript is to be sent
- Any special handling instructions
- If there is a deadline to be met, please make note of it; every effort will be made to honor it
- Your signature (transcripts cannot be released without your signature)
- Currently attending students should indicate if they wish requests to be held for current semester grades and/or posting of degree