GSA is committed to the safety of every student and staff. In response to the global outbreak of the COVID-19, the administrative staff at GSA will be taking the following precautions (recommended by the Centers for Disease Control) to help stop or slow the spread of the disease.
- Keep your child home if he/she is sick (fever 100 degrees or higher, coughing, shortness of breath).
- Students who arrive at school sick or become sick while at school will be sent home as soon as possible.
- Students who are sick will be kept separate from well students and staff until they can leave.
In addition to the above precautions, please continue to take the following preventive actions:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Use a hand sanitizer if unable to wash your hands.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue.
- If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve (not your hands).
If a COVID-19 outbreak should occur in our community, GSA will follow the recommendations of school district officials in coordination with local and state health officials.